Voice Activated Door Locks
We are all seeing there is a lot of Voice Activated Door Locks bring advertised and being sold by various companies. With the word “Voice Activated” I mean which can be controlled by Google, Amazon or Apple devices. Such as “Alexa” unlocked the front door or “Hey Google” lock the front door. So how do these devices work?
The General lock is remarkably similar to electronic locks, The difference is that these locks have built in ability to communicate with voice activated controllers. Also they will normally communicate with either Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or both. Bluetooth will be used to open or lock the lock. it will be controlled by our smartphone. Same like all smart or electronic locks installation is particularly very important. It must be installed so the mechanical action is exceptionally smooth and there is no binding. The motor inside these locks are not as strong as your hand as was the case in all mechanical locks.
You can setup smart locks to temporally allow someone in on a one-time basis, such as a cleaning service. They also have a tracking capability with history, so you can determine who entered your house and at what time. Great for making sure your teenagers come home on time!
To controlling the lock System from your smart controller this will usually use Wi-Fi. You could set up a daily routine where if you will say goodnight “Alexa” a routine would start that automatically shut off the lights, locked the doors and maybe give you a current weather report. It is endless on what your routine could be. All of this controlled by your voice.
Voice Control can also be a problem for you. So, if a Thief came to your front door and said “Hey Google” unlock the front door, would that door unlock? It is particularly important that for any device such as a thermostat, door lock, alarm system, etc. So they can only be controlled by your voice or the voices that you authorized. Another way would be to set up a secondary authentication like a security code that the smart controller would have to hear before activating. Many of these have the capability to learn voices and only respond to those voices.
Voice activated locks are an evolution industry, as they get smarter day by day, they will become more secure and safe and will be able to more closely communicate with your smart controller. You will also see there is a bigger role of (AI) artificial intelligence in household security.
Which will be the effective door lock which we recommend?
In my opinion i just find a best voice Activated Door lock which comes with a lot of features. I just find a multi functional door lock system ” Yale Assure Lock”, there is a lot of security features comes with Yale which we describe below.
Yale Assure Lock SL
Yale Assure Lock SL, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Deadbolt – Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, HomeKit, Airbnb and More – Bronze
- Replaces your existing deadbolt with a slim, key free deadbolt with touchscreen keypad no keys to lose, no cylinder to pick
- Lock, unlock, share access, customize lock settings and see who comes and goes from anywhere using the August app
- Unlocks automatically as you approach the door when you have your phone. When you don’t have your phone, enter your entry code on the backlit keypad. Adjustable latch
- Lock, unlock and check lock status with voice assistants including Alexa, Google assistant and Siri
- Includes DoorSense, a sensor that lets you know if your door is open or closed
- Backed by Yale, the world’s favorite lock brand Since 1840; lifetime limited warranty on finish and mechanical
- Great for vacation rental property owners; Seamlessly integrates with Airbnb and HomeAway for simplified check in and check outs.
Yale Assure lock comes with a lot of features, you can go to the Sales page by clicking on the know more button Below.